Oh, well. I can live with that.
Silent? Yes, guilty as charged.
Silent because nothing newsworthy has happened in nearly 4 months? Hardly.
This is a time of monumental ch-ch-ch-changes. Over these last months, if I had written about everything as it unfolded, it would be incredibly
Cue the bullet point.
Obviously, I'm taking the lazy person's way out here, but you didn't really think I could tackle 4 months of my life at a time, did you?
The 4-month recap:
- DIVORCE. I am officially divorced. In an ironic twist, my divorce became final on Valentine's Day. In some ways, I feel as if a weight has been lifted, but things won't really feel "final final" until all the associated divorce issues are resolved in court. By the way, divorce sucks. Even "amicable" divorces suck.
- RUNNING. Running on the down low. I've been
in a Jeremiah Johnston phasetraining mostly around Chimney Rock/ Lake Lure/ Rumbling Bald...which is awesome.
- BARKLEY. I'm on the weight list for the Barkley Marathons- #2 and weighting as I write this. I cannot weight to get up to FHSP. Run or hang out and watch the suffering...it will be amazing. More on this later.
- BIRTHDAY. I had a birthday. Forty Five...sounds a lot older than 44 somehow. Don't really care. My cake was awesome.
- BOOK. I wrote a book...kind of. I worked like a crazy person for 5 weeks straight to develop a study guide and a certification course for managed care contract negotiators. You can say you knew me when.
- HOUSE. The house finally went on the market a few days ago. Beverly Hanks did a fantastic job with the pictures. I have very mixed emotions about it. But mostly, I just want to put all the divorce stuff behind me and concentrate on the Charles stuff in front of me. Life is too short.
- LOVE. I remain the luckiest person in the entire world. Nuff said.
In summary, life is in transition, but then...when is it not?