Monday, October 26, 2009

Week 17: Training Update


This is the first week of the "Peak Period" of training, and it was not a smooth week. I had less than stellar performances in my Interval and Tempo workouts due to the ongoing foot/shoe issues I'm having. I seem to have settled on the fact that whilein the long run (pardon the pun!) I believe adding a lot of barefoot running will help me stay healthy, in the short run (again with the puns!) I feel best in a minimal shoe using my orthotics. This is not the way I wanted to go, but I am not ready to lose any more training time due to experimentation.

So there you have it. I'm sticking with orthotics and the Adidas AdiZero CS for now. I may try the Mizuno Musha for the race. We'll see.


Anyways, here's the numbers:

Total weekly mileage: 68 miles
Average Intensity Factor: .890
Total Hours: 13:20
Long run: 20 miles
Miles run on trail/ dirt: Approx. 10
Average weight: who knows
% body fat: hopefully still 16%
Average hrs. of sleep: 7.0

As always, the goal is to stay healthy while covering the miles. However, in week 18 I'm really going to focus on hitting my targets in all key workouts. Not doing that this week has affected my confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment