Friday, October 16, 2009

Friday Funny: Mock Motivational Posters

Remember motivational posters? You know the ones— black background, beautiful photo, startlingly obnoxious "motivational" text?


In 1988, offices all over the world were decorated at random with these pieces of crap. I was always struck by just how attractively they managed to be condescending, and in some cases insulting. (Fairness dictates that I admit that some of them I've seen are actually pretty cool, but those are exceptions to the rule.)

Like what's up with this one?


Aren't they really saying, "Don't worry. It's possible you'll only be a loser a little while longer?"

I'm not the only one who feels this way about these motivational posters, either. All over the web, you can find mock motivational posters. There's even a web app at www.despair.com that generates the necessary graphics for you; all you have to do is supply the photo and the text. It is here, and it makes me happy. Hence, I am now able to present to you my very own motivational poster, featuring Leopold! I hope you enjoy it:



PS – Big Huge Labs has a niftly litle motivator creator, too.

So go ahead! Skip the delusions that motivational posters induce and head straight for the disappointments that these deliver:











No comments:

Post a Comment