Friday, February 19, 2010

Sunshine Award. Word!

Earlier this week I received the Sunshine Award from Julie . Thank you, Julie! I appreciate that little bit of bloggie love. Now, I’m supposed to pass along this award to a few more people. I know this award has been making its way around the bloggie world, so if you have already received it, no need to pass it along.

I would like to thank the Academy, I mean tag Jamoosh, Roisin, PunkRockTriGuy, Vanilla, Viper, sRod and Nitmos for always making me laugh!! You guys are crazy and I'm always entertained by you!!

I would like to tag The Sean and The Laminator for being the huge sources of inspiration that they are.

I would like to tag those people whose blogs I have just begun reading and enjoying (very much!): Thomas, Tricia, Adam, Brittany, Leopold and Jill.

Finally, a shout out to SteveQ, Simon, Mark, Matthew, and Julie. All great blogs, all great people. All from Minnesota. Seriously, it's freaky how many good runners come from Minnesota. You'd think Dick Beardsley hailed from there or something.


Tag. You're It!

SteveQ recently tagged everyone and asked them to list five words that you like, but have never used. Then try to incorporate them into blog posts.

Here goes:

1) Defenestrate. To throw something or someone out of a window. I used this word in my post on Wednesday, when I said the treadmill and my nervous system don't get along. And I quote: "Being forced into an unnatural, unchanging pace makes me want to commit acts of defenestration on the 'mill".

2) Embrangle. To perplex someone. Sounds like it belongs in a Western, doesn't it?

3) Risible (riz'-uh-bull). Causing or capable of causing laughter.

4) Haptic (hap'-tick). Relating to, or based on the sense of touch.

5) Sesquipedalian (sess'-kwi-ped-ay'-lee-un). Given to or characterized by the use of long words.

Consider yourself tagged.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out and also the links to some other risible blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn, you need to use bigger words so I can call you a sesquipedalian!

    Have a great weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Psyche,
    Wow, I found another Minnesota blogger because of you!! I had never come across Matthew's blog before and actually had a chance to check his blog out earlier today. He also lives in the northern metro...very cool:) Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate them and enjoy reading your blog! I will have to do the five word tag thing on a day when there is slow running news...now I have something to write about!! Have a great weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the shout out.

    It takes a gutsy woman to play tag with Steve Q.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The language nerd in me just looked a Defenestrate and thought "'fenêtre' means window, so the root is..."

    Ugh.

    ReplyDelete