Monday, August 24, 2009

Week 8 Training Update:

This was a recovery week, and here are the numbers:

Total weekly mileage: 43.6 miles
Average Intensity Factor: .84
Total Hours: 9.25
Long run: 10 miles
Average weight: 119.9 (-.10 lb.)
% body fat: 17.4%
Average hrs. of sleep/night: 7.0

What was strange about this week was that I hit a wall of fatigue mid-week. What is this about? Is it fatigue built up from last week? Am I running my base runs too fast?(Maybe). Wednesday's base run was terrible. Then I had to bail out of Thursday's intervals, which told me something was wrong. I'm not recovering, so I better back off.

On Thursday and Friday I got some extra rest in the shape of less running and more sleeping. This was rewarded by a very satisfying "long run" on Saturday. I feel like I most likely avoided any serious fallout from over-reaching a bit last week. How do I know? Because I feel primed and ready to take on the next 3 weeks of hard work.

I also made a new rule this week: If I bail out of a key workout, I must forego the additional "recovery run" that day. Just makes sense.

Up next: Leaving hill repeats behind (YAY!) and moving to the track for 400m intervals at 3,000 pace and 1-Mile intervals at 10K pace. Plus lots of easier miles in between:-).

No comments:

Post a Comment