Monday, August 10, 2009

Week 6 Training Update

Time for another brief training update.

The numbers:

Total weekly mileage: 52.0 miles
Average Intensity Factor: .90
Total Hours: 10.5
Long run: 12 miles
Average weight: 121.00 (-.85 lb.)
% body fat: 17%
Average hrs. of sleep: 7.32

This week felt harder than the numbers suggest. On Wednesday and Friday I ran the modified YWCA loop that includes Sunset, which is one long, long uphill followed by one long, long downhill. This is not really factored in to the intensity rating, but it had the effect of wearing me out. Consequently, the last 4 miles of Saturday's "long" run of 12 miles were really, really hard. I was completely fatigued.

On a nutritional note, I'm wondering if I'm eating enough carbs. Matt Fitzgerald suggests eating 7-8 grams of carbs per kg of body weight if you train 7-10 hours per week. For me, that's 385 grams of carbohydrate per day, but I only averaged 356 grams per day this week. My intuition tells me I'm not running too low on carbs, but that I'm running my base pace runs too hard (i.e. the hills).

I'll take it easy on the hills this week and see if I don't feel more refreshed for Saturday's run of 14 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment