Monday, November 23, 2009

Feeling Defeated

I am in the funk of all funks. Every key workout this week was a disappointment. I bailed out of both interval workouts, and struggled through my long run so badly I actually started crying (twice!). I felt completely defeated when it was over.

After the disappointing 1:54 Half last week, I let go of my goal to run 3:50 at Charlotte. That Half was hilly, and so is Charlotte. So I was content to adjust my goals and just look to break 4 hours.

But after this week, I am seriously doubting if I can even do that. Instead, I've plummeted into a black hole of despair, and simply just want to stop training. I no longer even want to run Charlotte. I would be happy just to get through a training run and feel good about it at this point.

7 day recap:

Sat., Nov. 14 - "Disappointing" race experience.
Wed., Nov. 18 - Bailed on Mixed Interval workout. Shortened workout to 800M, still didn't have it.
Fri., Nov. 20- Bailed on Cruise intervals. Tried to shorten workout. Still didn't have it.
Sat., Nov. 21- 24 miles @ 11:11 avg. pace. Terrible, terrible run. Badly fatigued at 12 miles. Bad blister on right small toe. Could not even put weight on it at one point. Such a defeating run.

I don't know what to think or what to do at this point. Should I cancel Charlotte? If I don't, how am I supposed to come up with a race plan? My training sucks right now, and I don't know what to do about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment