Thursday, December 10, 2009

Tattoos & Infections. It's Not What You Think

ORN [Obligatory Running Note]: Went to the track for the last time last night for Mixed Intervals w/ 90-second rest. Here's what they looked like:
  • 1 mile warm up
  • 2K @ 8:16 pace
  • 1 Mile @ 7:53
  • 1K @ 7:20 pace
  • 1 Mile cool down

I felt great and all, but this sinus infection/ cold is a drain on my energy. It was noticeable. It's got me worried, but there's nothing I can do about it, so I'm trying my best to ignore it. (Denial works for me).


The race is in 1 day, 21 hours... I've been checking the weather forecast, and it's totally confusing. A few days ago, the forecast said 30% chance of rain. The next day it called for a "wintry mix". No explanation. This morning, there's a picture of a cloud, rain, and snow overlaid with a question mark. What's up with that? Why even bother forecasting the weather if you're just gonna throw a big ol' question mark in there? I mean, really.


In other news- I definitely have a cold and a sinus infection. Again. Geez, how bad does that suck? I have no idea what kind of impact it will have on the race, but what can you do? I've just made sure I have some sinus/ congestion medicine on hand, and I'm drinking extra water. My attitude towards this new development tells me I am ready to race.

A few days ago, this new development would've been cause enough for a major freak out. Today, not so much. Hey! Who's handing out the meds around here, anyways?


And finally, here's my "Temporary Tattoo" selection for race day. I'm going with a PaceTat for the first time. Cool idea, but I have no idea if it will be useful. (I'm sure you'll hear from me about it either way). I've got the racing flags in honor of the race's theme, and on a more personal note, the Chinese characters for "Honor".*





















* But you'd know what that was all about if you read my blog. (Yes, you, Leopold!)

No comments:

Post a Comment